Hubby cries out for help, tasks police on arrest of gunmen who beheaded his wife in farm in Delta

Lucky Napoleon Emamuzo, the husband of the woman who was reportedly beheaded in her farm by yet-to-be identified gunmen who attack her in a renewed crisis between Igbide and Enhwe communities in Isoko South Council Area of Delta State, has cried out for help, tasking the police to find and arrest his wife’s killers 18 days after the incident took place.

Emamuzo’s wife, Mrs. Blessing Oghale was gruesomely murdered and her face severed from her head by the gunmen who attacked them on their farmland.

The gunmen suspected to be from Okpolo-Enhwe, had launched the surprise attack on Igbide farmers on Thursday, December 23, 2021.

On the fateful day, the gunmen were said to have ambushed the couple in their farm.

While the husband escaped by the whiskers but with injuries, his wife, Mrs. Lucky Napoleon fell to their bullets and was beheaded.

Napoleon who spoke in a telephone interview lamented that the incident had left a big scar in his life and the lives of the children the woman left behind.

But more painful, he said, was that since the attack, neither the authorities of Isoko South local government nor the state government had reached out to him at least ask about the five children left behind by his murdered wife.

Narrating his ordeal, he said he had gone to the farm with his wife that fateful day when some  marauding men – four in number – attacked them in the farm.

He said the four gun-wielding men who powdered their faces to hide their identities opened fire on them from behind.

“Around 8 in the morning, my wife and I left our house for the farm, just back of the secondary school nearby. Where we went to farm is like three poles from where houses ended in the community. We went there with bike, water, hoe and our weed spraying equipment. We got there about 8:15am and my wife mixed the chemicals and started spraying while I was clearing with the hoe,” the distraught widower narrated.

“As we were working, I saw four men coming towards us with guns. They robed their face with powder and tied their head with black cloth. They were speaking their language, threatening us not to run. It was an Enhwe language to my understanding. I started going backward so they started shooting, then I fell down. As I fell they were coming to hold me so I stood up again and started running, from there they killed my wife.”

According to him, the gunmen used a native language that sounded like that of their neighbouring community to command him and his wife not to run, shouting “if you move we shoot”.

His wife was shot at a close range and died from the effect of the gun pellets which pulled her skull out.

“The gunmen later used cutlass to slice her head to halves”, he said in an emotion-laden voice.

“They shot her with gun and not that they held her down. They shot her dead with the gun. Her socket burst out because it was a close range. They were shooting me by then too but by the grace of God nothing touched me. That’s what happened”.

When told that reports say the wife was beheaded, he said: “They cut her skull because you know the effect of the gun pulled her skull forward. So they used cutlass to dismembered her face which they took along. They didn’t cut her neck but they cut the face into half. It was a gory scene. Even the police DPO reached where they killed my wife. They took pictures of our farm items including the spraying tank and chemicals we were using for weeding. They said it is an evidence.

“Since that time, I haven’t hear from the police, I haven’t hear from the local government or anybody. We just went there they did autopsy on her and gave us the corpse to bury. So we have since buried her. I didn’t even see the autopsy report because I was not allowed to follow the people who went there”.

The 47-year old man said that since the incident, life had been very hard for him to take care of the children.

“I want the government to assist me. I am a driver but I don’t have vehicle to drive for now. I am just managing a motorcycle for transport. I used to drive a bus for commercial purposes before. Currently, I can’t even do anything tangible because my arm dislocated during the attack. I got a dislocated arm when I fell down in the bush while I was being pursued,” he said.

He said one of his children, an 18-year old who just finished secondary school, was preparing for higher institution when the mother was killed.

Mr. Emamuzo said his senior daughter who was trained as a hair dresser and three of her siblings in JSS 3, JSS 1 and Primary 5 were living under the mercy of God.

Lamenting that the murder case might have been abandoned, he said: “No arrest in connection to the killing of my wife has been made. The police have not be able to track the killers till now.”

“It is worrisome that till now, the government is yet to make arrest or issue a statement over the gruesome murder of Mrs. Oghale Napoleon,” a family source said.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Isoko South Local Government Area of Delta State, Victor Asasa, has imposed a dusk-to-dawn curfew on the Igbide and Enhwe communities.

The curfew comes on the heels of deployment of soldiers to the warring communities to quell any further upheaval.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Bright Edafe, could not be reached for comment as at the time of filing this report.

Source: The Sun

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button