News

Gas explosion rocks Lagos neighbourhood

A man lost his life while three others were injured in a gas explosion that took place yesterday at Palmgroove Estate, Lagos, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) has said.

LASEMA Director-General, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the incident said it took place at about 6pm yesterday at 13C Palmgroove Estate, Cappa Avenue in Lagos, adding that the three injured people had been hospitalised.

According to him, upon arrival at the scene of incident, it was discovered that a gas cylinder used in filling an outdoor air conditioner split unit of a storey building had exploded as a result of gas leakage from the cylinder.

“This accident resulted in the death of a 30-year-old male, Usman Bello, while the other three men sustained different degree of injuries, Oke-Osanyintolu said.

.“The LASEMA Response Team, the Nigeria Police and the Lagos State Fire Service were responders at the scene of incident.

“All the occupants of  the building belonging to Mr Dayo Shofolawe, have been evacuated while the scene of the incident has been cordoned off to prevent any secondary incident,”Oke-Osanyintolu said.

Urging residents not to enter the premises until further notice, Oke-Osanyintolu said.

This was because there were visible cracks on the walls and pillars while recovery operation was still going on.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
Close
Close